Roseo-what??
Taylor is such a happy baby, you really almost wouldn't know she was ever sick. Two weeks ago she had her second ear infection. This time instead of painful eating, she just started eating less, napping less, and every once in a while, touching her right ear at night when she would eat. A week later (last Friday) when I picked her up from daycare she had a couple of red dots on her arms and legs, and still hadn't been eating/napping great. I took her into the Pediatrician and they thought the rash was viral and should clear up in a day or two. Her ear looked good. Those dots did go away the next morning, but over the weekend she started getting a widespread rash - teeny tiny red dots - all over her belly. As of last night it had spread over her entire body. Dr. Google tells me it's roseola, and her pediatrician agrees that is most likely what it is. She never had the high fever that usually accompanies it (although she could have had one in her sleep and we didn't notice), but did have the red eyes, runny nose, and probably sore throat. Despite all this, she seems totally fine. I mean, does this look like a sick baby to you?

Note the red dots on her face...this is waaay better than even just this morning, so it's definitely clearing up quickly. Throughout all this, she is still sleeping 12 - 12.5 hours a night! Keep it up baby girl!!
In other news...Taylor loves apples. We tried some today and she couldn't get enough! I had to put the brakes on..."whoa, Taylor."
I can barely keep up with how fast she is growing! Tomorrow she will be 6 months old, and it really has been the blink of an eye. I think she will be crawling very soon, and sporting some new pearly whites. She's almost sitting unsupported - she can manage a few seconds before tipping - and it's getting much easier to make her laugh. I can't say it enough - she is the happiest baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment