Life's moving very quickly these days. It's a blur most of the time, but I've been really trying to be in the moment as much as I can. I know these days will be a distant memory before I know it. So, a snapshot in time, here's what we've been up to.
Taylor is starting to get into fashion and making a statement lately. When entering the room in a new dress or outfit, she often makes us say, "Introducing...Taylor Cousens!" or some variation of this, including words like "the one, the only..." and "the fabulous, fashionable, amazing..." She loves to dance, and is getting quite good at it. She is more coordinated, and puts real thought into her moves! And above all else, the dress must twirl. She's been very interested in letters, sounding out words, and making a small attempt at reading words. She's been getting good at puzzles, and of course, still loves to paint. She is starting to color inside lines, and is a bit more purposeful with her drawings. Swim lessons start this week, and she is so excited. I took her to the UNH pool yesterday so she could see what it's like, and she was blown away. We'll see if she's open to getting into the water with a strange teacher!
Thomas is almost 2, and he is our little comedian. He's always fooling around and making people laugh. His vocabulary is exploding, and he repeats everything you say. He loves to sing Twinkle Little Star and Frosty the Snowman. He likes blocks, trucks, playing outside and washing it all off in long bubble baths. I can't wait to get him to the beach this summer!
Poor guy has been plagued with ear infections this winter, but all things considered, he is pretty happy and has tons of energy. He's also very sweet when he wants to be, often dealing out hugs and kisses, and doing nice things for people. He loves his big sister, and loves tackling her, dragging her off the couch, jumping on her bed, and chasing her around the house.
As for Jason and I, we divide and conquer most days, and try to keep up with work. Our 5 year anniversary is 3 weeks away. It's been a whirlwind. A fun whirlwind!
xo,
mom








No comments:
Post a Comment